A new era of SK Masterclasses as webinars

If you would like to post a topic or reply, please login here

Home Forums General Chit Chat A new era of SK Masterclasses as webinars

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sarah Key 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sarah Key

Sarah Key

I??m pleased to say we have entered a new era with the SK Masterclasses. As of yesterday, Stage 1 of the SKMCs is available as webinars through a dedicated physiotherapy education site. I have brought the webinar release forward and opened it up to a small number as a guinea pig bunch (to a maximum of 10) since I am taking on a new employee in my Sydney clinic and would need to do the training process. I??m hoping that SK Teachers who have trained with me will help me provide the 2-day workshops in the Adjunct Practical modules in due course. As you know, the theory part of the courses is substantial, particularly Stage 1, and this can now be done online at the time and convenience of the pupils. The Manual will also be available online with state of the art anti-piracy measures in place. The Practical module of the SK Masterclasses will be done later over two days at set times and set places throughout the world and throughout the year (I am running our first in Sydney on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th October, so tell your friends). The new set-up should provide least interruption to work schedules but unlike your course, there is an MCQ exam at the end of each lecture, which is also done online. No more presentations, at least not until the Prac sessions and no more worries by me about morning and afternoon teas! To stream the Theory lectures I am joining forces with a young physio graduate who did my last Stage 1 in May of this year. He immediately saw the value in making my Masterclasses available as bridging courses for new grads coming out of college. I had been planning to deliver the courses from my own SK website but since I am an IT neanderthal, I have decided to draw on his skills and concentrate on other things. I will give you details of his site when it has moved beyond this initial first stage (I had enough teething problems with The Back App to last a lifetime). The Theory section of the SKMCs is in 11 lectures of me talking to camera very similar to what you took part in at Highgrove or Sydney but with slide capture incorporated in to the videos, over some 13 hours of delivery. This must be viewed before students can take part in the Practical SKMC module. The SKMC Stage 1 will remain available for streaming for a period of 2 months but people from the same practice will need to have their own username account which is then used for the Prac sessions and Tutorials (which will be set up in due course). The overall cost of the course will be the same but there will be the advantage of 2 full days of uninterrpted Practical. Future courses will reflect that increase.

Nell Mead

Hi Sarah Nice idea to make things more convenient. Can you let us know though, what will happen when people have questions about the theory? I’m sure we all had questions when we came through the various stages of the SK masterclasses, and if we hadn’t had you and/or the other teachers (Kay was helping you teach on my SKM1) then I think I may have struggled to understand it as fully. I understand that your webinars are going to be pre-recorded (some courses apparently offer live internet teaching, similar to Skype) – so will the students have access to you at any time, in order to be able to put questions to you? Just trying to get it all into my head, as physios who are interested in SK courses do ask and it would be good to be able to inform them properly. Many thanks Nell

Sarah Key

Hi Nell, Nice to hear. I will hope to have live Skype tutorials. We are looking at India as one of the first markets after the UK and Oz for the webinars launch. SK

Sarah Key

Hi Nell, Nice to hear. I will hope to have live Skype tutorials. We are looking at India as one of the first markets after the UK and Oz for the webinars launch. SK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.